This little mare is by far one of the greatest horses I have ever put a leg over. She is so talented but unfortunately now at just 8 yrs old she is a broodmare (for my non horse people that means she can only have babies now...) Lanie got a career ending injury in September of 2005 which we have tried to get her sound multiple times but have finally come to deal with the fact that it just isn't going to happen. Anyway, I have her booked to a gorgeous son of the great Dash Ta Fame for 2009 so hopefully she has a little one that will carry on her talent and heart. Lanie is a sister to my great horse Waynadash so she comes from a great family. The last sister to Dash is a cute little gray mare I call Diva whom I recently sold to Noelle Perkins. Noelle has been riding with me for 7 yrs now and is one awesome kid! I love her dearly and next to my nephew is probably the closest thing Greg and I will ever have to a kid! She just started high school this year and qualified for state at her third rodeo! ( she would have qualified at the first two here in Panguitch but ko'd 2nd barrel both days) I am so proud of her and Diva!! All of us "big girls" had better watch out for this pair down the road.
Here is a video clip of one of my favorite runs on Lanie.



2 comments:
Hey Kim~
Love the new video of Lanie, and the pictures..
So I am thinking of maybe heading down to spend the week with my parents and then of course hitting panguitch! Anyways which hotel is the best hotel to stay in in Panguitch?
Hey Lindsay-
I would try the New Horizon Motel ~435-676-8876 ~ (which is right by the arena) or the New Western Hotel
~435-676-2651~
That would fun to have you guys here for the race next month!
Post a Comment